Welcome to the “Pinoy Smile of the Month” contest!
This is a monthly photo contest where parents can submit photos of their baby aged 1 month to 6 years old.
Each month one winner with the most votes will win Cdn$100 and have their child's photo published on the Pinoy Smiles homepage.
A. How to join:
1. The Pinoy Smile of the Month Contest runs from October 1 to December 31, 2009.
2. The contest is open to Pinoy children all over the world, ages 1 month to 6 years old.
3. To join, parents of a prospective contestant must send two (2) clear , close-up, current, solo photos of the child showing his/her best smile to: email@example.com. Write the full name of the child on the subject line of the email.
4. The following information should be provided together with the photo entries:
a. Child’s full name
b. City/ town & country
d. Names of father and mother
e. Name and email address of person submitting the entry
5. All entries submitted by 4 pm (Pacific Daylight Time-PDT) on Oct. 5, October 31 and November 30 will be eligible to participate in the following month’s contest.
6. If the entry qualifies for the contest, an email notification will be sent to the parent with the qualifying photo attached. Valid photos of all contestants for the month will be posted on the website.
B. How to win:
1. The child who garners the highest number of votes (but not less than 150 votes), will be declared the Smile of the Month. The Smile of the Month will receive Canadian $100 (or its equivalent in local currency, if the winner is not a resident of
2. The child who gets the second highest number of votes (but not less than 150 votes), will be declared runner-up. The runner-up will receive Canadian $25 (or its equivalent in local currency, if the winner is not a resident of
3. Winners will be announced on Nov. 1 & Dec. 1, 2009 and January 1, 2010.
4. Results of the contest will be final and indisputable. Pinoy Smiles reserves the right to make the final decision regarding winners.
5. Winners will be contacted by Pinoy Smiles and a notification email will be sent accordingly. Cash prizes will be sent through bank-to-bank remittance or door-to-door delivery, whichever Pinoy Smiles finds convenient.
6. All winning photos will also be featured with a short write-up at the Pinoy Smiles website (www.pinoysmiles.net)
7. Non-winners are still eligible to join the next months’ contest, provided that new photos are submitted.
8. All of the contestants will receive a certificate of participation from Pinoy Smiles.
C. How to vote
1. Voting starts 12:01 am on October 5, November 3 and December 3, 2009.
2. Voting will end at 11:59 pm on October 31, November 30 and December 31, 2009.
3. Anyone can vote. Each person can vote only once.
By submitting an entry in behalf of the contestant, the parents confirm and acknowledge that:
b. The parents hereby assign and transfer unto Pinoy Smiles the entire worldwide intellectual property rights to the submitted photos.
c. Pinoy Smiles shall have the right to register anywhere in the world the copyright to all photos submitted, including any reproductions of the same, in any and all media without further compensation.
d. The parents further agree to release Pinoy Smiles and any entity acting on behalf of Pinoy Smiles from any liability in the use of the photos submitted.