The primary objectives of the contest are to enjoy the beautiful smiles of Pinoy children from all over the world and to remind everyone that healthy teeth make a beautiful smile!
A. How to join
1. The contest is open to Pinoy parents (of legal age) from all over the world who have children ages 1 month to 6 years old. (Void where prohibited and where the contest rules are in conflict with existing local laws and regulations.)
2. To join, send two (2) clear, close-up, current solo photos (.jpg or .jpeg files only) of your child featuring his/her cutest smile to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Write the full name of the child on the subject line of the email. Use capital letters only for the first letter of given and family names. Do not use capital letters to write the whole name.
4. The following information should accompany the photos: child's full name, complete address with postal code, birthday, names of father and mother, name and email address of person submitting the entry, and link to a family/baby blog or website (if available). Only the name of the child and the link to the family/baby blog or website will be published.
5. All entries submitted on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:00 noon (Pacific Standard Time-PST) will be eligible to participate in the contest.
6. If the entry qualifies for the contest, an email notification will be sent. You may then also submit a slideshow featuring other photos of your child. Valid photos and the slideshow (if available) will be posted in a solo photo page for each contestant.
B. Criteria to select the Smile of the Month
40% People’s Choice-polls (number of votes)
40% People’s Choice-comments (number and quality* of comments to be judged by Pinoy Smile)
20% Parents’ Choice-polls (number of votes)
*originality, authenticity, relevance to a dental theme, conformity to contest instructions
C. How to win
1. The child who ranks #1 overall will be declared Smile of the Month. The parent will receive Canadian $100 (or its equivalent in local currency, if the winner is not a resident of Canada) in behalf of the child. The child will be featured with a short write-up at the Pinoy Smiles website (www.pinoysmiles.net). Pinoy Smile may require parents to present a copy of the child’s birth certificate to confirm both parents’ and child’s identities. The cash prize will be sent through money order, bank-to-bank remittance or door-to-door delivery, whichever Pinoy Smiles finds convenient. If the parent is a resident of Canada, he will be required to answer a mathematical skill-testing question before the prize can be awarded.
2. Contestants who rank #2 to #10 will be declared runners-up for the month’s contest.
3. Winners will be declared on January 5, 2009 at 12:00 noon, Pacific Standard Time.
4. Results of the contest will be final and indisputable. Pinoy Smiles reserves the right to make the final decision regarding winners.
5. All of the contestants will receive a certificate of participation from Pinoy Smiles.
6. Non-winners are still eligible to join the next months’ contest, provided that new photos are submitted.
D. How to vote
1. Anyone can vote.
2. You can vote through this poll only once for the entire month.
3. You can vote for any number of contestants, but only once through this poll for the whole month.
4. Votes are restricted by IP.
5. Be honest! Don’t spoil the fun! Don’t use bots!
6. Voting will start on December 5, 2009 at 12:01 am; and end on December 31, 2009 at 11:59 pm, Pacific Standard Time.
1. Anyone can post a comment, in addition to a vote in the polls (people’s choice and parents’ choice).
2. Your comment should be one of the following:
- reason you think the child is a winning pinoy smile
- dental tip for the child to have healthy smile
- dental question for Pinoy Smile
3. You can post one comment only once for the entire month.
4. You can post a comment for any number of contestants, but only once for the entire month.
5. You can post a comment at the at the people’s choice polls (name and email address required) or preferably at the child’s solo photo page (gmail, blogger, open id required). Choose only one place to post a comment. Do not comment in both poll and solo photo page.
6. Be honest! Don’t spoil the fun! Don’t use dummy accounts or multiple identities!
7. Voting will start on December 5, 2009 at 12:01 am; and end on December 31, 2009 at 11:59 pm, Pacific Standard Time.
1. Parents who participated in previous and the December contests can vote.
2. Only the parent responsible in submitting an entry to the contests mentioned, as per Pinoy Smile records, will be eligible to vote. A ballot will be sent by email. Votes will be tracked by name, email address and IP, but these information will be kept confidential.
3. You can vote for any number of contestants, but only once for the whole month.
4. Voting will start on December 5, 2009 at 12:01 am; and end on December 15, 2009 at 11:59 pm, Pacific Standard Time.
By submitting an entry in behalf of the contestant, the parents confirm and acknowledge that:
2. The parents hereby assign and transfer unto Pinoy Smiles the entire worldwide intellectual property rights to all the submitted photos.
3. Pinoy Smiles shall have the right to register anywhere in the world the copyright to all photos submitted, including any reproductions of the same, in any and all media without further compensation.
4. The parents further agree to release Pinoy Smiles and any entity acting on behalf of Pinoy Smiles from any liability in the use of the photos submitted.
5. Pinoy Smiles reserves the right to modify these Contest Rules at any time and may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion
6. A contestant ---whose parents violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtain winner status in behalf of their child using fraudulent means, exhibit unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior--- will be disqualified.
7. Pinoy Smile will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and Pinoy Smile’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final.
8. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference (e.g. virus, bug, bots) or any event beyond the control of Pinoy Smile, Pinoy Smile reserves the right to to cancel or suspend this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Pinoy Smile deems appropriate. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Pinoy Smile reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
9. All decisions will be made by Pinoy Smile and are final.